Christopher Hart's Animation Studio
Now for the first time, a fun, hands-on guide to animation for young adults!
Created for ages 9 and up yet also perfect for adults, Christopher Hart’s Animation Studio is a comprehensive guide to the classic art of animation. Breezy text, colorful drawings, and clear, easy-to-follow step-by-steps take first-time animators from drawing basics to the creation of their very own animated flip book.
Best-selling author Christopher Hart starts with a basic overview of drawing the cartoon head and body, adding expressions, creating characters, and so on. He then takes readers on a backstage tour of a classic animation studio: In the “animation department,” step-by-step lessons demonstrate how to animate humans and animals, plan sequences, and add special effects. In the “layout department,” readers learn to compose scenes and place characters. Finally, a walk through the “film department” leads readers through choosing camera angles, making backgrounds move, creating fantastic settings, and more. Future animators finish by creating an easy flip book to set their own simple sequences in motion.
Packed with colorful art, clear instruction, and lighthearted text, Christopher Hart’s Animation Studio is a friendly, informative guide that will empower even the most hesitant readers—whether young adult or adult—to create winning animation!
• A first-rate guide to animation basics for less than $8
• Easy-to-follow step-by-steps, engaging text, and pages packed with colorful illustrations make learning fun and easy
• Includes instructions for making a simple flip book
• Christopher Hart is a best-selling expert at instructing and encouraging beginning artists
- Product Dimensions: 9.94 x 8.02 x 0.23 inches
- Item Weight: 0.4500075691944 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.4500075691944 pounds
- Manufacturer: Watson-Guptill
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- Used Book in Good Condition